Friday, July 10, 2009

Cave Updates...

I promised some pics of the progress of the Cave... I really don't know why Jody and (friend)Robin are calling it this. They claim I will never leave it, but now that I have dsl (i.e. WIRELESS!) I actually spend way more time in other parts of the house! LOL :)


Here is a close up of the texture of the wall... kinda weird story there. Recently one of my Dad's brothers passed away. While at the funeral, my oldest sis and I noticed a strange texture in one of the funeral home's bathrooms. She's currently redoing most of her home and I knew I was about to redo my office-room. We both really like the texture of the bathroom and I decided that it had to be a Sheetrock mud texture. Off I go to the hardware store... picked up a roof brush at Wal-Mart (see previous post... will use tools intended for one purpose as anything but! ha ha!) and proceeded to brush my walls. The result was not exactly like I'd pictured (again, previous post... I often end up with results that were NOT originally planned!!) but I liked it.

As most of you know, I prefer bright colors. These walls were previously cream and hot pink... seriously.

This particular color is called "Blue Funk". As JoJo would say... "I wike it".









Not really sure what drove me to do the 'rosette' thing, other than I am apparently subconsciously anti establishment and like to do things that normal people wouldn't! LOL :) The door, which isn't a door at all, actually, also has them. That isn't done yet though because I had to wait on the tile so I'll have to post those pics later!


This is my super precious brother in law, Todd. As you may notice in this picture, the floor is not exactly, well... level. That spot he is scratching on was actually a rock. Yes, a rock. Apparently, the people who poured this foundation when the house was built were not aware that in order to truly finish concrete foundations, you are supposed to SMOOTH them over AND make sure that it doesn't look like the water park's wave pool... *sigh*... Oh, and a truly hilarious side note, be verwy, verwy glad I took the shot from THIS angle, we don't call Bubba crack king because of any illicit drug use! LOL :)
So to finish the update, Bubba was able to get the worst of the rock smashed into oblivion. He also was talented enough to even make the floor look pretty much smooth. We're supposed to grout tomorrow afternoon and once that is done, I will take another round of pictures.
I am REALLY ready to be done with my room. My whole house seems to be in utter chaos because there are things in places that they do NOT belong. I don't deal with that too well! Can we say OCD????

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Its looking good! Can't wait to see it when it is all finished!

Beth said...

Me either! LOL :) Todd grouted all but about a 2 foot square section tonight. We ran out of grout... it figures! Anyhow, going to run to Lowes in the morning and grab some more and some grout sealer. I am SOOOO ready to get my stuff back in place!