Thursday, March 19, 2009

North Carolina...

Two words... LOVED IT!

Seriously, Charlotte was great. Even in torrential rain fall, Charlotte was great. And NOT just because of the racing! LOL :) Once you got out of the actual city of Charlotte, it was totally normal. Mooresville, where we spent most of our time, was probably not much bigger than Brookhaven. Population wise, there seemed to be more people. But seriously, if you took out the abundance of cars, their main drag looked just like Brookway Boulevard! And I can't lie, being that close to a race track, the race shops, and knowing that this was where they all lived was pretty dang cool, too!

Even raining, Lake Norman was pretty. I would love to go back during the summer and spend some time there. Although, by the looks of the place, I would have to take out a loan to do so. Mammoth houses... it doesn't even feel right to call them houses. They were HUGE!

Jody said the whole trip was just so I could go to JR Motorsports. He was *nearly* right! LOL :) It was cool. There was a wall of glass windows in the back of the shop where you could watch them working on the cars. That was cool. The crew guys would look up, wave hi, and just keep on working. It was like a people zoo for Nascar fanatics! LOL :)

We did go out one night. I couldn't go to Charlotte and not go to Whisky River (yes, that is how it is spelled Robin Ann, don't correct me). It was too fun. I don't do bars, y'all know that, but this was a place that was just cool to hang out in. They had jumbo TV screens up everywhere so that when big games or races are on, you can just hang out and watch. Of course the simple thought that Junior could have walked in at any moment (and does frequently from what the guys working there told me) made it just that much more fun! That might have been the death of me... the bar stools were as tall as me and I believe I might would have just tumbled off it if he had. Heads and concrete don't mix! ;-)

Anyhow, I posted about half the pics on facebook. It was so nice having access to normal internet! I will try to get some others from there and from our little detour to Dega on there eventually. A side note on that, we got pit passes this time! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Libby said...

Glad yall had a good trip and had fun! We spent the week resting and just hanging out at the park. Spring break couldnt have come any sooner nor was it needed any more than I needed it now! Glad you had safe travels! Have a good week back at school!

Beth said...

it was great for sure! I needed to get out of Lake like you wouldn't believe. It was a perfect diversion! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great time! Can't wait to see all the pictures!