Wednesday, June 24, 2009

...and then there was high speed internet :)

to quote a fav student of mine... omg! I La-OVE it!!! :)

I feel normal in the internet world! :) I can actually view youtube videos. Pictures no longer cause my computer to groan with frustration and strain. Music actually plays without those lovely skips for five minutes at the time! Unreal!! :) omg! It just occurred to me! I CAN POST PICTURES!!! Now that may seem like overkill, but let me assure you that not only was I a victim of dial up, I was a victim of EVIL dial up... as in dial up that was dinosaur even compared to other dial ups. I once tried to download a video that a friend sent-- started it before bed and figured I would watch it before school the next day. Woke up the next morning and it still did not load the last half of the video! UGH!

Neisha, I know you still have dial up. Go to this website: http://www.psc.state.ms.us/Commissioners/southern/southern.html . These folks helped some here in Lake get it late last year and they may be able to tell you something that you can do to either get it or speed it along. I was just before contacting Lynn Posey (we're central district) to see if he could help me here when our local tech called to let us know that we were connected. I hope it helps you!

I am remodeling my computer room (recently renamed the cave thanks to Jody and Red) and am planning to take some mid-way pictures and post them later today. I didn't think to take any befores so mid way and finished will just have to do! :)

Have a great day everybody!

3 comments:

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Libby said...

there is no other way to "internet" than hi speed! and hi speed wireless is even better!! :) LOVE IT!!

Beth said...

Ugh, didn't know that it would put such a harsh 'this post has been removed...' on there! Ha ha! I figured the second one was the one you wanted! And you are so right! The high speed 'net is awesome! LOL :)